Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cupcakes & Fondant Flowers

I'm making boxes of cupcakes for Christmas. They are samplers, 4 cupcakes - 1 of each flavor.

Pumpkin with Cream Cheese Icing
Devil's Food with Chocolate Fudge Icing
Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Icing
Orange with Orange Buttercream

Here's a pumpkin mini cupcake. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin, so I had to test it before I mass manufactured. These were so delicious, especially the cream cheese icing. The icing was a bit odd while it was mixing it acted more like a dough than an icing, but resulted in a very smooth and creamy frosting with just enough sweetness. The pumpkin cake was moise and light, not overpowering. Mmmm!



I used my new gum paste flower kit to make these fondant flowers. Simple, but cute! I was pleased with my first attempt. I used fondant because I had some on hand and didn't feel like making a batch of gumpaste. It took longer to dry and I used those cheap paint palettes to dry them with the curve.


Strawberry cake with cream cheese icing


Sugar crystals to add some sparkle

Have a sweet day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tawny
Thanks for the cupcakes for Christmas, unfortunately I did not get to try them all. I got the Orange with Orange Buttercream - nummy! Love your Favorite Aunt!!